[Swfdec] KParts for KDE 3 , KDE 4

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 00:30:38 PDT 2007

Hello,

I started writing a KPart for swfdec so that it will work nicely in
Konqueror.  Currently it can load various movies using swfdec's built
in loader and render them.  Although swfdec's loader can only handle
local URLs, KPart provides a mechanism to download movies to temporary
local files if the part doesn't explicitly support non-local URLs.
That works for simple movies, but I presume it fails on others because
they try to access external resources using relative paths?  Mouse
interaction works although it feels a bit laggy.

YouTube doesn't work yet because the web site, for reasons I have not
yet looked into, seems to think that the flash player is out of date
or not available.

Attached is what I have so far.  Is there a preferred place to host
this and other KDE-related bits for swfdec?

Regards,
Robert.