[Swfdec] swfdec new version

Uygar Gümüş uygar.gumus at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 00:46:31 PDT 2007

 Hi,

 Firstly thanks for great job done with swfdec.
 I had recognized swfdec at gtk.org site. Last week i decided to integrate
it to gtk+webcore browser.
 And i successfully did it with version 0.4.5
 Even thought it is integrated and works fine there are some problems with
swfdec. I want to ask some questions about it. Also yesterday i saw the last
release 0.5 And i have some questions about it. Please give me replies.

 About 0.4.5

 1- This version render swf and flv files fine. But can not handle swf files
which receives flv files as parameters i mean xxx.swf?play=yyy.flv tries to
open a player flash file (xxx.swf) to control (stop-pause-volume) flash
video yyy.flv. This procedure is widely use by sites like youtube. Is it
possible to play file like this. Also some advanced flash files like
http://img238.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pageflipv228bj.swf is not rendered
by version 0.4.5 But done with 0.5 with some bugs.

 2- I also need streaming. Currently i download full flash content and than
start to rendering. Bu it is possible to use swfplayer or swfloader with a
streaming mechanism. I use libcurl to fetch data from internet and the flash
content comes separately from network. I tried to use swfdec_loader_push and
SwfdecBuffer to add data whenever it comes from network but even it compiled
and linked, it did not work at run time and give "undefined symbol" error.
Did i made something wrong or is it a bug of library? Can you suggest any
other way of streaming?

 About 0.5

  Yesterday i download from sourceforge. When it gave me some errors i get
last trunk from git

 1- Compiling of this version was not very stable
    a-Firstly compiling with alsa backend was not possible on my system and
says tstamp is not a known type. I tried to disable alsa and use no audio
backend to complie. But git version is complied with oss backend.
    b- Git version has -Werror flag and raises errors from deprecated
functions in ffmpeg. I removed -Werror flag form configure script and
compiled.
    c- Using 0.5 version in a C++ project is impossible due to delete
operant of _SwfdecAsObjectClass struct. Since delete is a keyword of c++ i
could not compile it. Is there a trick for it? Or the name of operator
should be changed??

 2- This version can not play flv files. As you know.
swfdec_flv_decoder_add_movie call aborts program. When this will be
implemented???

 I strongly need your replies. Thanks a lot.

--
Uygar Gümüş