[Swfdec] Patches to make blocky.swf playable

Benjamin Otte otte at gnome.org
Wed Jun 27 02:05:54 PDT 2007

On 6/25/07, Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy <pclouds at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > This touches the "what is copied and what isn't" problem again.
> > > Someone should take every member of SwfdecMovie (and
> > > SwfdecSpriteMovie) and write a test if it's copied or not. I'm
> > > thinking of script properties like color_transform or visible here.
> > > I'd be interested in the reasons for this patch, too.
> >
> > Err.. because it would not copy SwfdecSpriteMovie's specific members?
> > I see you only call klass->replace() for SwfdecGraphicMovie.. For
> > SwfdecSpriteMovie, only static properties get copied, which is wrong,
> > I think.
>
> Here is another try: when merging a new movie to an old movie, you
> probably forget about its sub movies.

Hrm, that feels weird to my understanding of Flash internals. Not to
say I couldn't be wrong. Since movies just do a GotoFrame 1 when
created, your code basically adds all instances created in frame 1 or
resets existing ones to the position from frame 1. That would likely
lead to funny effects. What might be possible is that a sprite movie
does a GotoFrame 1 when being replaced, that'd feel a lot better to
me.
Test outlining the problem, pleaaaase? It's really hard to understand
the problem without.

Benjamin