[Swfdec] swfdec in firefox on Fedora8 x86_64

Benjamin Otte otte at gnome.org
Thu Nov 8 08:39:07 PST 2007

On Nov 8, 2007 3:35 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I've tried swfdec on Fedora 8 x86_64 without much luck. I originally
> > > used the rpms from livna. I primarily want it just to view youtube
> > > videos which from various blog posts I thought worked. It seems to
> > > detect the flash but i just get a white background (it does detect a
> > > plugin as you don't get the jigsaw piece).

After rereading this, I realized that you are probably talking about
the embedded Youtube videos. If that is the case, those indeed show a
white rectangle with no contents. This is because Youtube recently
changed their embedded player SWF and the new one unfortunately
doesn't work in Swfdec yet.

> Version 0.5.3 compiles either way fine but git doesn't so its been a
> regression since then.

Actually it's not, because git always uses stricter compilation
options to detect more bugs and make the developers fix those asap.
Releases are a lot less strict, so 0.5.4 will work fine again.

Cheers,
Benjamin