[Swfdec] Some updates

zou lunkai zoulunkai at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 17:52:34 PDT 2008

ABC is different against AS2 from opcode to basic data types(as_value)
and higher level functions.

What about starting a new core for the ABC VM instead of changing the
current AS2 VM too much?  Of cource you can still grab as many things
as you can from the AS2 VM and Tamarin.

Gnash has started the work for ABC support, and there's also a huge
work in the future. From what I can see, many internals have been
reworked, eg. runtime stack, function abstraction and class
abstraction. "reworked" means they don't share the same piece of code
from AS2.

Another thing is that if AS2 and ABC share the same core, it would be
time costing for building and "make check". It might be not a problem
for swfdec though. For Gnash, this process takes at least
half-an-hour, which is very annoying...

--zou