[Swfdec] Question about Konq Support

Riccardo Magliocchetti riccardo.magliocchetti at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 14:27:43 PDT 2008

Kris Moore wrote:
> Hey all!

Hi,

> I'm currently working on our next release of PC-BSD, which will include
> KDE 4.1. We are one of the OS's that are stuck without any flash support
> from Adobe, but I have found that swfdec works quite well in FireFox on
> our system. Since that worked so well, the last thing I needed to find
> was way to get konqueror to play the with swfdec. I ran across this in
> my searches:
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/swfdec/swfdec-konqueror/?h=kde4
>
> This code looks a tad bit old, for KDE 4.0, and swfdec 0.5. Does anybody
> know if there are some updates to this plugin somewhere?

I think it's unmaintained, and if no one step up it'll stay as is. Said that
i've cooked a quick untested patch to make it compile with swfdec git and
kdelibs 4.1.0. I don't even have konqueror so the patch is not tested at
all. I think you have to wait for Benjamin coming back from holidays for a
serious response.

cheers,
riccardo