[Swfdec] A lot less stability!

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Fri Jan 25 11:03:45 PST 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 19:23 +0100, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> Hey,
>
> In my quest to solve bug 13815 I had to change the API quite a bit.
> And while I was at it, I also made swfdec-gtk use the upcoming libsoup
> 2.4 and changed the include dirs to "swfdec" instead of "libswfdec".
> All in all, the API changed quite a bit and I hope it didn't cause too
> much instability.

Shouldn't we depend on released versions?  I see that libsoup-2.4 needs
glib-2.15, and that's a development version of glib.

It looks like I would need to recompile glib, gtk and several other
libraries, and then libsoup-2.4.  I may not get around to doing it soon.

Maybe swfdec could be backported to the latest libsoup 2.2.x?  In many
cases, a backport is less intrusive that than a forward port.  Or maybe
the patch for libsoup-2.4 could be held in a separate branch until
libsoup-2.4 is released?

> Have fun finding crashers.

You did a great job fixing things, and I realize that I shouldn't be
complaining about having to install a few libraries, but I'm afraid that
the current code will be getting less testing than it otherwise would.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin