[Swfdec] Swfdec 0.5.90 released

Benjamin Otte otte at gnome.org
Mon Jan 28 14:30:52 PST 2008

Hey,

Here is the newest version of Swfdec, now with even more sites
supported. I guess this is the first beta of Swfdec 0.6, the first API
stable release series[1], which is why we named it 0.5.90 and not
0.5.6.

swfdec-0.5.90 "rutube"
http://swfdec.freedesktop.org/download/swfdec/0.5/swfdec-0.5.90.tar.gz
MD5; c37ec400072916b6d8dc9384d56343e6

swfdec-mozilla-0.5.90 "Sticks and stones may break my bones"
http://swfdec.freedesktop.org/download/swfdec-mozilla/0.5/swfdec-mozilla-0.5.5.tar.gz
MD5: 9cdc678f6183f5d361a8d1561939cb0c

This release contains some significant changes for developers and
packagers. The API was streamlined quite a bit and dependencies were
updated. Swfdec in particular depends on the development version of
libsoup now. New features contain a rewrite of the loading subsystem,
so even more Flash files that load content from other URLs should work
properly now.

The Swfdec-Gnome package does still exist, but from this release on,
it will be released independently as part of the Gnome desktop. [2]

Swfdec still follows the no-crashes-allowed policy. Should you still
succeed in finding a crasher, please immediately file a bug at
https://bugs.freedesktop.org.

For more information about Swfdec, see http://swfdec.freedesktop.org

contributors to this release:
Benjamin Otte