[Swfdec] Segmentation fault with swfdec for arm-linux for 0.8.X

Benjamin Otte otte at gnome.org
Thu Oct 30 04:44:13 PDT 2008

Hey,

No, 0.8.2 should work perfectly. If it doesn't, it's a bug. There is a
specific type of bug that only appears on ARM, and that is unaligned
access. The gcc output "warning: cast increases required alignment of
target type" during compilation indicates bugs of this type. As the
Swfdec developers don't compile Swfdec on ARM very often, these bugs
creep back in and we rely on people like you to notify us of those.
I'll get my hands on an ARM compiler right now and fix them. However,
I'll still need someone to check them out of git and test after I have
fixed them.

Cheers,
Benjamin