[Swfdec] Get URL handling, A/V decoding

Nick Zitzmann seiryu at comcast.net
Sat Sep 6 10:14:18 PDT 2008

Swfdec for Mac OS X is coming along well. Watching everything come
together is actually quite magical.

I do have two more questions:

1. How do I intercept the ActionScript "get url" command? I know the
player has to handle this by instructing the browser to navigate to
the URL, but searching through the code, I can't find any obvious
signal that gets sent out or anything similar...

2. I looked around for documentation, but couldn't find anything about
the output expected by a decoder. I'm interested in writing a decoder
that uses Mac OS X's Component Manager instead of GStreamer so I have
one less thing to install on users' computers, but I'm not sure what
to ask the component for output. For audio, do I need to use PCM?
AIFF? What format do I need to use for video?

3. Speaking of components, does anyone know of a good Nellymoser
codec? I searched around on Google and found one, and it was taken
down by a DMCA complaint. :(

Thanks for any answers.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://seiryu.home.comcast.net/>