[Swfdec] gstreamer error

buz at netbuz.org buz at netbuz.org
Tue Sep 30 04:55:49 PDT 2008

OK, I have to admit that I really have no experience with flash because
IMHO it's evil (everyone who disagrees is stupid and ugly ;)).

However, it seems to me that the presentation
(http://swfdec.freedesktop.org/data/swfdec-flash-and-gnome.swf) contains
an embedded video (the running man, verified on an other system using
the adobe flash decoder)

So, starting the player via
GST_DEBUG=4 ./swfplay swfdec-flash-and-gnome.swf
gives me a lot GStreamer debugging output.

On swfdec-0.6.8:

When the video should start a ffdec_vp6f decoder element is created and
linked to an unnamed sink:

INFO GST_ELEMENT_FACTORY gstelementfactory.c:397:gst_element_factory_create: creating element "ffdec_vp6f" named "decoder"
INFO GST_PADS gstpad.c:1906:gst_pad_link: linked decoder:src and '':sink, successful

with the following caps:
video/x-raw-yuv, width=(int)160, height=(int)224, framerate=(fraction)25/1, format=(fourcc)I420

it seems like the video starts playing, but I only see a still sprite.

On swfdec-0.8.0 I can see some gst activity with audio decoding, but
nothing with video.
The necessary video decoder is present, as well as other flash video
components:

$ gst-inspect|egrep '(h264|vp6|flv)'
h264parse:  h264parse: H264Parse
typefindfunctions: video/x-flv: flv
typefindfunctions: video/x-h264: 264, x264, h264
flvdemux:  flvdemux: FLV Demuxer
rtp:  rtph264pay: RTP packet payloader
rtp:  rtph264depay: RTP packet depayloader
ffmpeg:  ffmux_flv: FFMPEG flv Muxer
ffmpeg:  ffdemux_flv: FFMPEG FLV format demuxer
ffmpeg:  ffdec_vp6f: FFMPEG On2 VP6 (Flash version) decoder
ffmpeg:  ffdec_vp6a: FFMPEG On2 VP6 (Flash version, with alpha channel) decoder
ffmpeg:  ffdec_vp6: FFMPEG On2 VP6 decoder
ffmpeg:  ffdec_h264: FFMPEG H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10 decoder
ffmpeg:  ffdec_flv: FFMPEG Flash Video decoder
ffmpeg:  ffenc_flv: FFMPEG Flash Video encoder

thanks,

:wq buz