[Swfdec] http url support in swfdec-0.8.4

Deepak Mundra deepak.m at allaboutif.com
Wed Dec 2 04:44:53 PST 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Benjamin Otte <otte at gnome.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Deepak Mundra <deepak.m at allaboutif.com>
> wrote:
> > I am also working on
> > plug-in support for webkit over directfb port..  When searched google
> found
> > many post regarding this but did not find any succes stories .. It would
> be
> > helpful if i get some pointers regarding this..
> >
> I know a lot of people have asked for this, but there is no
> specification on how Mozilla's plugin infrastructure is supposed to
> work with Directfb. Only specifications for Windows, Mac and X11
> exist.
> So someone would need to come up with this speification and implement
> it in their browser of choice and then make the swfdec-mozilla use it,
> too.
> So far noone has stepped up to do this work. Usually people switched
> to X11 instead, which can do all of this out of the box.

Yea That is true :) .. but im trying to port it on the arm platform .. The
swfdec-directfb standalone player working fine on arm [ after few miner
fixes :) ] only issue is with cpu load which I believe , can be  optimized
some how :) ..

Right Now I am planing to use directfb player to play http url .. I will
post once i succeed in that :)

Thanks
Deepak