[Swfdec] swfdec exception

Peter Carlson pcarlson at kgisystems.com
Tue Jan 27 15:54:51 PST 2009

Sigh :(
I built swfdec on FC10 and then copied all of the libs it depends on to
swfdec/libs (I know just a test)
Then export LD_SEARCH_PATH to swfdec/libs and run swfplayer.
Immediate Floating point exception.

Is it possibly an incompatibility with the loader and the libs?

Perhaps a different option is in order...any way to cross-compile this for
an older redhat?  I don't think so as it must rely on the newer libs

So...next question...I do have gcc and I copied the dev-libs required by
swfdec to the chroot environment.  I finally got configure to be happy, but
can run make due to glib-mkenums.  If I can get swfdec to compile against
those libs, using the older compiler and linker it *should* run.  Right?  If
so is there a more static makefile build available that doesn't rely as much
on build time scripting?

Sorry for thinking out loud.  We are going to be upgrading the device in
about 6 months (my next project).  We just really need to get a liteweight
flash player going on this version if possible.  Which if it really is NOT
possible, let me know so I can go slam management.

Peter