[Swfdec] SwfdecMozilla 100% cpu usage on Youtube

Riccardo Magliocchetti riccardo.magliocchetti at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 13:58:40 PST 2009

Magnus Hjorth ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> My question is: Can anyone recommend a cheap graphics board that works
> well with the GNU/Linux/X/Firefox/Swfdec/Youtube stack?
>
> I am using an old ATI Radeon 9550, and I have been experiencing 100% CPU
> usage, stuttering and loss of sync when viewing Youtube movies for quite
> a long time now (since Swfdec v 0.6.x, now using 0.8.2). Didn't bother
> to report it because I've seen bugzilla entries such as 10385 where X is
> blamed. However, I've been through one full distribution update (Ubuntu)
> since then and the problem seems to persist. Tried various parameters,
> like switching between EXA/XAA but only managed to make the situation
> worse.
>
> Any other hints on debugging this further are also welcome..

Youtube playback is quite good with swfdec on an athlon xp 2600+ and radeon
9250 machine. I have these options inside Device section of my xorg.conf:

         Option          "AGPMode"               "4"
         Option          "EnablePageFlip"        "true"
         Option          "AccelMethod"           "EXA"
         Option          "AccelDFS"              "true"

cheers,
riccardo