[systemd-devel] syslog.socket vs. syslog.service

Marius Tolzmann tolzmann at molgen.mpg.de
Fri Dec 3 06:19:14 PST 2010

hi..

i have configured a syslog.service which works well..

but the syslog.socket which activated systemd-kmsg-syslog.service is
still active and running.. the socket does not activate the service
anymore but it is still listed as listening..

how is this supposed to be configured correctly.. since i think i need
the systemd-kmsg-syslog as long as my syslog.service ist not running and
able to write its logfiles to the filesystem.. ??
but how do i get rid of this socket activated /dev/log handling and
replace it with my syslog.service completely?

i am confused... ...again 8)

thanks @all for the links to all the systemd unit repositories..
-> why is it that all *syslog*.service files are WantedBy
multi-user.target and not let's say WantedBy basic.target?

best regards,

	marius tolzmann

--
Dipl.-Inf. Marius Tolzmann <marius.tolzmann at molgen.mpg.de>