[systemd-devel] How to Test systemd on F14?

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Thu Dec 30 09:03:13 PST 2010

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 05:04:25PM +0100, Michał Piotrowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> AFAIK systemd is not supported on F14 and now nobody cares.
>
> I think that if you want to test it on F14 you need to build a few things:
> - systemd
> - initscripts
> - udev
> - kernel (perhaps)

  Not really.  I'm using systemd on most of my F14 machines.  Packaged
version (v10) is quite old and prone to bugs, but it works most of the time.

  Original poster problems can be solved by installing sysvinit-systemd
package instead of sysvinit-upstart.

--
Tomasz Torcz               "Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl    wagon filled with backup tapes." -- Jim Gray