[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] systemd 1

pankaj pandey pankaj86 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 10:17:56 PDT 2010

Lennart Poettering <lennart <at> poettering.net> writes:

> Heya!
>
> I just finished rolling the first release:
>
> http://0pointer.de/public/systemd-1.tar.bz2
>
> I guess it's safe to say that the feature set is quite substantial for
> the first release...
>
> And it's already in Rawhide.
>
> Have fun,
>
> Lennart

Firstly congratulations on the release 1 of systemd.
I've been using systemd in f14/rawhide for some time, and now on the 1 release i
wish to use systemd exclusively, but i'm unable to install systemd-sysvinit due
to conflict with upstart (removing upstart removes whole lot of stuff including
xorg). Whats the trick here. How do i use systemd init files?
Thanks for your great work in improving linux,
Pankaj