[systemd-devel] [HEADS-UP] D-Bus activation now upstream

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Fri Jul 9 17:36:10 PDT 2010

On Sat, 10.07.10 01:35, Michael Biebl (mbiebl at gmail.com) wrote:

Heya,

> could you please document the --systemd-activation parameter in the
> dbus-daemon man page and maybe a separate section about systemd
> activation and how the different pieces are supposed to work together.

I have now updated the dbus-daemon man page to explain the two new
options briefly (and while I was at it even added docuemntation for
two other new switches which were previously forgotten). However, I have
not documented the internal semantics of the service activation since
that is an implementation detail between dbus and systemd, and as such
is sufficiently documented by the code comments I added.

Also note that systemd's daemon(7) man page explains how to hook up
arbitrary D-Bus services with systemd.

> Also, the dbus.socket unit file could use a nice Description.

Done.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.