[systemd-devel] crosscompiling systemd-4

Wed Jul 28 03:14:24 PDT 2010

Am 28.07.2010 11:25, schrieb Lennart Poettering:
>> i am try to crosscompile systemd, but it fails if gernerating
>> org.freedesktop.systemd1.*.xml files, because the crosscompiled
>> systemd binary cant run on host.
>>
>> is there another way to generate the *.xml files?
>>
> They are not strictly necessary.
>
> It is recommended but not necessary to install XML D-Bus introspection
> files to /usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces, and we do this by extracting the
> introspection data from the daemon binary itself. You can choose to not
> install those files at all as nothing really reies on them or
> alternatively generate them on a PC and copy them to your embedded machine.

Thanks, thats what i am doing at the moment, i use prebuild xml files
from fedora rpm package, and its ok for me. but then it would be nice if
we can change the Makefile(s) and configure to generate and install the
files optionally.

Stephan

--
               ### OpenELEC.tv ###
The free and open Mediacenter Distribution 4 you