[systemd-devel] Archlinux patch for services and getty

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Jun 16 14:21:26 PDT 2010

On Wed, 16.06.10 14:19, Tom Gundersen (teg at jklm.no) wrote:

> Lennart, Marius,

Heya,

> I don't know what happened with Marius' patches, so I'm submitting the
> patch I need to make my system boot (taking into account the comments
> made by Lennart).

I have merged this now. Thanks.

> With the attached patch Arch boots, but more work is needed before
> systemd can be a dropin replacement for sysvinit on Arch:
>
> 1) parse the DAEMONS array from /etc/rc.conf
> 2) each daemon should be made into a service and be scheduled "After"
> the preceding daemon in the array.
>
> Two exceptions:
> * if a daemon has an "!" in front of it, it should be ignored
> * if a daemon has an "@" in front of it, no later daemon should have
> an "After" dependency on it (the service is started in the background)
>
> Would a patch to do this be accepted? I might work on it in a few
> weeks time if no one does it before me.

Well, tbh this is not really sysv anymore but something completely
different. I am a bit afraid of including changes like that. That said,
a clean, small and self-contained patch can be a very convincing
argument, and would probably make me forget my objections. ;-)

Thanks,

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net