[systemd-devel] systemd and archlinux: questions

Marius O marius at habarnam.ro
Sun May 9 13:01:18 PDT 2010

Hello everyone,

I see no activity yet on this mailing list, so I'll just ask a couple
of questions. Even if they were answered on IRC, it would be a good
idea to have the answers somewhere for future reference.

1. How do we convince systemd to mount the /etc/fstab entries. I have
tried something[1] using comment= but no luck so far. I don't exactly
know what comment should be equal with, the man page of fstab doesn't
help either. Any clarifications regarding .mount units would be very
helpful at this stage.

2. If we utilize scripts as executables, in the process of migrating
from existing sysv scripts, what exactly should happen in order for
the service calling the script to know everything went ok or not.

3. If all else fails, how do we tell systemd to use existing sysv init scripts ?

[1] /dev/sda2 /home ext4 defaults,comment=systemd  0