[systemd-devel] [HEADS-UP] CONFIG_CGROUP_DEBUG=y no longer necessary

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon May 17 14:58:49 PDT 2010

Heya,

I just commited a patch that removes systemd's dependency on the debug
cgroup controller in the kernel. A normal cgroup-enabled kernel lacking
the debug cgroup controller should be fine now.

This requires libcgroup v0.36 to work properly, which Dhaval will
release any minute now.

If you lobbied your distributions's kernel developers to enable that
switch it's now time to lobby them to turn it off again I guess... ;-)

The change is kinda neat because we now have our own cgroup tree that
nobody interferes with in /cgroup/systemd.

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net