[systemd-devel] BTRFS bug with parallel mounts?

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri barbieri at profusion.mobi
Wed Nov 10 03:30:46 PST 2010

Hi all,

First, I'm not typing much or send the kernel oops since I'm at a
phone without access to my lap ATM

So yesterday I got my new laptop with quad core i7 and SSD. gentoo's
openrc works nice, but systemd triggers a nasty kernel oops with btrfs

The oops is while mounting my /home it get a null pointer at
btrfs_test_super. After the backtrace (which I had will send later) I
get a "btrfs detected SSD devices, enabling SSD mode"

So really looks like a race. Ideas?

That also bring us to the safety question: should we provide a way to
force /etc/fstab entries to be mounted serially and forcefully? This
would be helpful for buggy FS while you can't get the fix (or to
install and apply the fix -- as I'm using openrc but in future I'll
not)

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems