[systemd-devel] getty at .service.m4 and serial-getty at .service.m4

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at err.no
Sun Nov 14 10:49:42 PST 2010

]] Kay Sievers

| /etc/rc.local should not be in the default setup, it's legacy only
| some distros did, and it does not make much sense in the systemd
| context, especially not to run an empty shell script. :)

It's less legacy and more «stuff lazy sysadmins put there».  From my own
boxes I have stuff like «load the right IR keytable» for my HTPC and
«adjust the fan speed and turn on the power led» for my NAS box.

Sure, I could put that in a unit file instead, but not supporting
rc.local is annoying for people.

--
Tollef Fog Heen