[systemd-devel] fsck and -l switch

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Thu Nov 25 13:15:53 PST 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 09:44:41PM +0100, Andrej Gelenberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> -l break fsch*.service for me. fsck.ext4 don't like it. Besides why -l?
> From man e2fsck:
>
> -l filename
>               Add the block numbers listed in the file specified by
> filename to the list of bad blocks.  The format of this file is the
> same as the one generated  by  the  badblocks(8)  program.

  You are looking at the wrong man page.  Check this commit:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=utils/util-linux-ng/util-linux-ng.git;a=commit;h=dd0bd943f94392d165c5903e271c966afb0d7b75
for proper one.

  In short, -l allow systemd to start fsck for every filesystem
on device in the same time and prevents them stepping on each
other's toes.

--
Tomasz Torcz                 Morality must always be based on practicality.
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl                -- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen