[systemd-devel] Questions/problems about distro integrating

Ozan Çağlayan ozan at pardus.org.tr
Fri Nov 26 04:11:30 PST 2010

Salı 26 Ekim 2010 günü (saat 01:15:50) Lennart Poettering şunları yazmıştı:
> On Sun, 17.10.10 13:39, Ozan Çağlayan (ozan at pardus.org.tr) wrote:

> Hmm, interesting. Works fine here, even though we have plymouth.
>
> Can you elaborate on what exactly doesn't work? Do they tools exit
> cleanly? Do you get any kind of error?

Well plymouthd is spawned during initramfs and no console setup is done there.
Then systemd fires up while plymouth is still showing the splash screen.

(plymouth is built with --with-boot-tty=/dev/tty7.)

systemd-vconsole-setup is launched. I've added -v parameter to both loadkeys
and setfont calls and here's the what setfont says:

systemd-vconsole-setup[160]: setfont: graphics console /dev/tty0 skipped

As initramfs switches root and inits systemd on tty7, setfont skips setting
the font as plymouthd is running because it thinks this is a graphics console.

Maybe systemd-vconsole-setup should be started after plymouthd quits, I don't
know.

Ideas?

---
Ozan Çağlayan