[systemd-devel] Log of all processes

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Oct 25 12:39:17 PDT 2010

On Mon, 25.10.10 12:42, Canek Peláez Valdés (caneko at gmail.com) wrote:

> > As for shutdown, yeah, it's as fast as it should be ;-) We're doing an
> > amazing work with systemd! My next hope is to have the cron features
> > in it and it's all I ever need to manage my system.
>
> I'm quite happy with systemd right now; it's not incredible faster
> that OpenRC, but I have a lot of services running. My boot time is
> around 24s to gdm login screen, and then my GNOME session takes
> another 10s to be able to use my desktop. Need to look into that.

If you have many services running and are on HDD it might be worth
enabling readahead which should have a measurable effect in that case.

systemctl enable systemd-readahead-collect.service systemd-readahead-replay.service

(Measure boot time only after having booted at least twice, so that the
profile is generated and used)

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.