[systemd-devel] Log of all processes

Canek Peláez Valdés caneko at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 16:39:00 PDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 25.10.10 18:20, Lucas De Marchi (lucas.demarchi at profusion.mobi) wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 5:39 PM, Lennart Poettering
>> <lennart at poettering.net> wrote:

>> > If you have many services running and are on HDD it might be worth
>> > enabling readahead which should have a measurable effect in that case.
>> >
>> > systemctl enable systemd-readahead-collect.service systemd-readahead-replay.service
>> Is that still supported given kernel 2.6.36 came with fanotify
>> disabled (http://lwn.net/Articles/409681/) ?
> Nope. But it should work if you back out that one patch. Also, I kinda
> expect that most distros will backport the patches as soon as it is
> clear how the final API will look like.

Actually you only need to uncomment the proper line in

I'm using readahead, but not only is not faster, but several orders of
magnitude slower. Do I need anything else besides fanotify to get
readahed working?

Canek Peláez Valdés
Instituto de Matemáticas
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México