Running a systemd-based Gentoo system

Reno Reckling e-systemd at wthack.de
Wed Sep 8 04:53:56 PDT 2010

 Am 08.09.2010 05:04, schrieb Michael Biebl:
> Without knowing too much about Gentoo and simply looking at what the
> Gentoo handbook has to say about Gentoo init scripts [1],
> why don't you simply provide an /sbin/runscript implementation which
> works with systemd?

I have already done some research on that matter.
This script parses the depend function of the init scripts an put them out in an easy parseable format:
http://dump.wthack.de/checkdep.sh
simply call it with like:
./checkdep.sh /etc/init.d/nfsmount
and you can parse alle depends,needs and stuff.
The second one i was working on was a working wrapper for runscript to bypass runscript and just provide the "start" "stop" etc. functions.
This resulted in:
http://dump.wthack.de/runscript.sh
You can use it like this:
./runscript.sh /etc/init.d/nfsmount start
This worked for me on all init.d files, but i am of course open for suggestions.

Regards,
Reno Reckling