[systemd-devel] Debian patches, typo fixes

Jens Persson xerxes2 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 04:45:39 PDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Santi Béjar <santi at agolina.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 1:53 AM, Jens Persson <xerxes2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Ok, then try to add After=fsck.target to sysinit.target.
> >

> Ok, this works. But while I think this is a good change, I wonder why
> a direct dependency/sorting between home.target, fsck.target and
> checkfs.service is not enough.

I've had the same problem myself with some other stuff until I discovered
that Wants/Requires does NOT imply After. So if you want sysinit.target to
wait for fsck.target to finish before it gets set to "done" you have to use
After. First I thought that this was stupid but it does give you a faster
boot if configured properly.

Jens