[systemd-devel] Couldn't find service

Jens Persson xerxes2 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 15:54:31 PDT 2010

> but i still see getty at tty1.service (while not the rest
> getty at tty{2,3,4,5,6}.service)
> and also i don't see serial-getty at ttyS0.service (although the work fine)
> -----------
> root at fedora2 ~]# systemctl --all | grep getty
> getty at tty1.service        loaded inactive     dead
> getty.target              loaded inactive     dead
> serial-getty.target       loaded active       active
> root at fedora2 ~]# systemctl status serial-getty at ttyS0.service
> serial-getty at ttyS0.service - Serial Getty on ttyS0
>          Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/serial-getty at .service)
>           Active: active (running) since [Sun, 12 Sep 2010 23:22:18
> +0200; 16min ago]
>         Process: 665 (/sbin/securetty %I, code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
>        Main PID: 678 (login)
>           CGroup: name=systemd:/systemd-1/serial-getty at .service/ttyS0
> [root at fedora2 ~]#
> -----------
>
> Any idea what's wrong?

Hmm no not really. I'm not using tty1 myself and it does not show either.
You could try to disable getty.target completely too.

> Another strange  problem I have is that "network.service" is not started
> upon boot automatically.
> It starts fine manually with "systemctl start network.service"
> but for "systemctl enable network.service" I get again "Couldn't find
> network.service." error. From stracing I see systemctl it is looking for
> network.service file under
> /etc/systemd/system/network.service and
> /lib/systemd/system/network.service - but the problem is that there is
> not "network.service" file anywhere in the filesystem - is this some
> kind of virtual service? How can I make it automatically start at boot?

First I take a another guess that network.service is a sysv fallback. And to
start a sysv service at boot I don't know how to. But you can easily write
your own network.service and let it start Fedoras network script
(/etc/init.d/network). But I do think that it should be possible to do this
already without going through such trouble. Maybe you are missing a package
or something (like systemd-network)?

Jens