[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] systemd 10

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Sep 13 17:55:45 PDT 2010

Heya!

http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/systemd-10.tar.bz2

Changes:

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri (1):
      util: add Gentoo welcome message.

Kay Sievers (3):
      work around busted capability.h
      update fixme

Lennart Poettering (31):
      build-sys: fix fedpkg git path
      automount: make sure we don't crash if there's an automount unit without mount unit
      dbus: downgrade activation failure messages
      systemctl: implement --version
      systemctl: make --version a little bit more verbose
      units: make sure we always fully write the utmp data
      main: when we encounter 'emergency' on the kernel cmdline start the emergency shell
      sd-daemon: optionally, avoid hiding the ELF symbols
      log: support logging into SOCK_STREAM /dev/log sockets for comaptibility with syslog-ng
      units: set HOME=/root when running shells
      logger: support SOCK_STREAM /dev/log sockets as necessary for syslog-ng
      units: set working directory to /root for sulogin, since sulogin is crazy
      units: we should be able to reach syslog.target even if no logger is enabled at all
      units: start logger only after syslog is up
      units: pull in syslog.target for synchronization purposes by systemd-logger.service
      service: don't automatically add D-Bus service name as an alias to all dbus service, rely on manual symlinks to allow disabling of dbus services
      man: some clarifications
      target: add default unit ordering deps from the unit not the target
      man: s/triggerin/triggerun/ for rpm upgrades
      service: translate 'httpd' LSB Provides into '$httpd' on Fedora
      service: add generic LSB provides handling for facilities
      units: add generic description for http-daemon.target
      service: fix check for non-LSB files
      units: make sure the file system is writable before we write utmp data
      socket: fix output of TCP congestion options
      target: add implicit target/unit ordering deps only if both sides have been fully loaded
      initctl: properly use isolate when activating runlevels
      prefdm: make sure we start prefdm only after the getty is killed
      manager: log job mode when running job
      systemctl: use isolate when called as telinit for a runlevel
      build-sys: bump version

Michael Biebl (5):
      units: Add halt, killall, poweroff and reboot unit files for Debian
      units: Provide separate fsck.target for Debian
      man: Fix small typo: s/seperate/separate/
      units: add umount unit files for Debian
      units: On Debian Runlevel 2, 3, 4 and 5 are multi-user

Michal Schmidt (2):
      manager: report correctly which job was deleted when breaking cycle
      fedora: don't quit plymouth too early

Rainer Gerhards (1):
      minor nit: printf attribute was removed by -DSD_EXPORT_SYMBOLS

Sedat Dilek (1):
      util: add Debian welcome message

Tom Gundersen (1):
      util: add Arch welcome message