[systemd-devel] Systemd port on custom embedded linux

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Sep 14 09:37:19 PDT 2010

On Tue, 14.09.10 16:47, Cristian Axenie (cristian.axenie at gmail.com) wrote:

> [   19.590000] systemd[1]: Failed to open /dev/autofs: No such file or

Seems the automounter is not compiled in. Either don't use .automount
units or enable it in the kernel. My recommendation is the latter.

> Here the manager cannot be properly started due to the fact that
> m->mount_auto = arg_mount_auto;  doesn't have a proper value and the
> automounter functionality seems to be missing.

m->mount_auto is actually not related to the automounter. This is
admittedly confusing, but we kinda inheritaed that terminology.

m->mount_auto is an option to control whether systemd should mount
filesystems listed as "auto" in /etc/fstab, or if somebody else is
responsible for that.

The automounter may be used to establish file systems where the actual
mounting is delayed until first access.

> [   79.580000] systemd[1]: Job dev-tty3.device/start timed out.
> Starting Getty on tty3 failed.

Seems you have no virtual console. In that case it's probably a good
idea to remove the gettys from /etc/systemd/system/getty.target.wants/

> [   80.160000] systemd[1]: Job dev-ttyS0.device/start timed out.
> Starting Serial Getty on ttyS0 failed.

Seems you have tried booting with a serial console, but the /dev/ttyS0
device never appeared in the sysfs tree.

> And finally, the control cannot be passed to a console.

What do you mean by this?

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.