[systemd-devel] Services enabled by default?

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 07:36:52 PDT 2010

2010/9/20 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <barbieri at profusion.mobi>:
>  - do we really need to install 6 getty services by default? can't we
> just install one and people that don't like to use 1 + screen enable
> more? It is a PITA to remove the links after every installation of
> systemd :-/

Why are the re-enabled? Is that a limitation of rpm re-creating those
links in /etc?

That said, "systemctl enable" should be more intelligent: When called
in a postinst, it should not re-enable a service that was disabled by
a user, unless you explicitly use something like a --force parameter.

Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?