[systemd-devel] Systemd port on custom embedded linux

Andrey Borzenkov arvidjaar at mail.ru
Thu Sep 23 05:26:48 PDT 2010

Thu, 23 Sep 2010 14:09:16 +0300 письмо от Cristian Axenie <cristian.axenie at gmail.com>:

> Hi !
> Any ideas about the following behavior?
> ~ # reboot
> Broadcast message from root (ttyS0)
> The system is going down for system halt NOW!
> [? 296.080000] systemd-initctl[698]: Received environment initctl request.
> This is not implemented in systemd.
> And then the system freezes !
> It seems that the initctl tries to request a command to set/unset the
> environment when rebooting the system. Is this related to the fact that the
> reboott service is setting in the Environment=RUNLEVEL=6 variable ?

Are you using halt emulation from systemd or original sysvinit utilities?

It could be related to the fact that this is not enough. Standard halt command
from sysvinit behaves differently depending whether it is called by user or
by /sbin/init. When called by user it simply pokes init via initctl which then
re-executes halt once more and this time it really preforms halt. The check is

	/*
	 *	First see if we were started directly from init.
	 */
	if (getenv("INIT_VERSION") && (r = getenv("RUNLEVEL")) != NULL)

So on Mandriva I had to add INIT_VERSION to reboot/halt/poweroff units to make
systemd coexist with sysvinit utilities.