[systemd-devel] Standard directory for shell scripts?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sun Sep 26 17:30:50 PDT 2010

On Wed, 22.09.10 21:14, Wulf C. Krueger (philantrop at exherbo.org) wrote:

> Hello!

Heya,

> Is there a consensus among distributions about a standard directory for shell
> scripts to be used with systemd?
>
> I've seen /lib/systemd/system/scripts being suggested by someone but I don't
> think there were any responses to that.
>
> I'm asking because Exherbo is shipping a(n) (almost) native-only systemd
> implementation and, thus, we don't want to keep something like /etc/init.d.

Well, I personally would put the scripts for a package "foobar" into
/usr/share/foobar/start-foobar.sh or something like that to make clear
that they belong to that package and one of those days should be made
redundant and its logic be incorporated into the main binaries
themselves.

That said /lib/systemd/system/scripts would be OK too I guess.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.