[systemd-devel] Improve boot-time of systemd

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Wed Apr 20 02:42:13 PDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 02:43:36AM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Fri, 18.03.11 13:40, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri (barbieri at profusion.mobi) wrote:

> > > From subjective feelings (no real measurements) I confirm it.
> >
> > I noticed it as well, even with my Macbook Pro i7 with 8Gb RAM and
> > 128SSD using btrfs.
>
> Note that btrfs is actually not particularly fast when mounting.

> We do serialization of fsck on rotating media already. This might be
> something that fixes itself as soon as the btrfs mounting isn't as slow
> anymore as it currently is.

  You can speed up btrfs mounting with free space caching.  Right now it is
enable with -o space_cache mount option. But beware: there was some problem
identified when free space reporting.  I am not sure if fix went to .38 and
.39-rc already.

--
Tomasz Torcz                 "God, root, what's the difference?"
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl         "God is more forgiving."