[systemd-devel] systemd-clean and large files

jean-michel.pollion at laposte.net jean-michel.pollion at laposte.net
Mon Apr 25 03:12:44 PDT 2011

 Hi,

I'm trying to use the systemd-tmpfiles-clean service with a backup directory, but it always fails to start, with the "Value too large for defined data type" error, which I think means largefile support is not enabled by default on these tools (I'm on a 32 bit system) and probably others, as I have lots of files > 2GB in this directory.
Is this intentional or a bug?
I think that's a bug anyway, as that means that putting a correct conf file in /etc/tmpfiles.d can make the service fail, so /tmp and other directories will not be cleaned. Supporting largefile would be nice though.

Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net