[systemd-devel] PATCH: detect SUSE initrd for fsck-root

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Aug 3 09:45:36 PDT 2011

On Wed, 03.08.11 18:35, Frederic Crozat (fcrozat at suse.com) wrote:

Heya,

> currently fsck-root.service detects only dracut initrd to prevent
> running fsck on / when it was mounted rw by initrd. Attached patch adds
> detection for SUSE initrd.

Humm. /dev/shm is the place where POSIX shared memory should be
placed. It is not the place to put flag files.

I'd prefer if the suse initrd would just use the same flag files as
Dracut. On purpose we kept the names of these files generic
(i.e. "initramfs" instead of "dracut"). I am not particularly keen on
maintaining per distro checks like this where it would be very easy to
unify things.

Even better would be if Suse could adopt Dracut too...

>  # Dracut informs us with this flag file if the root fsck was already run
>  ConditionPathExists=!/run/initramfs/root-fsck
> +# Detect SUSE initrd too
> +ConditionPathExists=!/dev/shm/initrd_exports.sh

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.