[systemd-devel] ConditionKernelCommandLine not working?

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 06:41:35 PDT 2011

On 08/18/2011 12:46 PM, Albert Strasheim wrote:
> Hello
>
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Lennart Poettering
> <lennart at poettering.net>  wrote:
>> Can you please elaborate on what does not work you expect to work, and
>> what happens what you didn't expect? Given that you pass selinux=0 it
>> appears to me that everything is working correctly.
> I confused the issue by mentioning the relabel service that has kernel
> command line and security conditions.
>
> Here is my message about a simple test with just kernel command line conditions:
>
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2011-August/003143.html

Hum..

Looking at the test case for that thread and afaik the
ConditionKernelCommandLine= does not parse "foo=bar" but only foo or bar
or foo bar as in

"ConditionKernelCommandLine=foo "

or

"ConditionKernelCommandLine=bar"

or

"ConditionKernelCommandLine=foo bar"

will work but not

"ConditionKernelCommandLine=foo=bar"

which is why that simple test service fails to start as in it does not
meet the required conditions.

JBG