[systemd-devel] what dependencies does systemd itself have on underlying system?

John Lumby johnlumby at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 19 17:08:57 PDT 2011

Is there some statement somewhere listing the dependencies/assumptions which systemd requires/makes
about the system on which it is running, in order to function correctly?
I don't see this covered in the general man pages etc.
Googling "systemd dependencies" of course turns up answers to a different question.

My situation is a conversion from Fedora 14 -> 15 where I am finding that sometimes the system won't boot,
and it *seems* systemd is having trouble.
For example,   it *seems* that any failure in mounting a filesys named in /etc/fstab results in problems;
And it *seems* that booting a custom kernel without an initramfs always results in total hang during boot.
And I am guessing it won't like being run root-over-nfs?

But I'd like to know what it needs first in case I'm breaking the rules.

Cheers    John Lumby

(Is this the correct mailing list?   I didn't see any other systemd users list.)