[systemd-devel] Unit failed to load: Cannot allocate memory.

Mike Kazantsev mk.fraggod at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 07:25:12 PDT 2011

On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 15:21:33 +0600
Mike Kazantsev <mk.fraggod at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 16:20:20 +0200
> Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 09.08.11 07:02, Mike Kazantsev (mk.fraggod at gmail.com) wrote:
> >
> > > Good day,
> > >
> > > Updating to systemd-33 (with "include missing.h" patch) seem to give me
> > > the following errors on boot:
> > >
> > >   [   27.024525] systemd[1]: Cannot add dependency job for unit fossil_echo.service, ignoring: Unit fossil_echo.service failed to load: Cannot allocate memory. See system logs and 'systemctl status fossil_echo.service' for details.
> >
> > Any chance you can bisect this?
> >

> Reexec reacts on these units right before "Deserializing state..." msg,
> with the same messages.
> I'll check whether they go away on reexec to 32 and reappear in 33, and
> if that's the case, will have results shortly.

Got the results (attached, list of commits is at the end, should look
better in less, since I ran it through a script(1)), but it's mostly
failed builds.

Error behind most (if not all) build failures seem to be:

  /bin/mkdir -p src/ && \^M
  gperf < src/load-fragment-gperf.gperf > src/load-fragment-gperf.c

  Empty input keyword is not allowed.
  To recognize an empty input keyword, your code should check for
  len == 0 before calling the gperf generated lookup function.

Any idea what might cause that?
Looks like some autotools failure to me since tarballs work fine.
I'll try to figure it out and run bisect again.

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net