[systemd-devel] bug or I misunderstand systemd configuration rules ?

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Thu Aug 25 12:33:48 PDT 2011

Hi,

I have problem with understanding following systemd behaviour and need
assistance of somebody knowledgeable in systemd config area:

Context:
daemon1 is server for application1

I want to have situation where:
1\"systemctl start application1" also starts daemon1
2\"systemctl stop daemon1" also stops also application1
3\"systemctl restart appication1" restarts only application1
4\"systemctl restart daemon1" restarts also application1
5\abort of daemon1 triggers also restart of application1

I do tests on ArchLinux with systemd 33.

For daemon1 unit file I don't enter any relevant to this example
After/BindTo statements.

For application1 unit file I have:

[Unit]
After=deamon1.service
BindTo=daemon1.service

Above configuration work as expected for 1\, 2\ & 3\
AFAIK 5\ is not Yet implemented.
Unfortunately for 4\ systemctl hangs during execution "systemctl restart
daemon1".

It is bug or I completely misunderstand systemd configuration rules ?

br