[systemd-devel] stopping timed out. Killing ?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Dec 22 05:22:03 PST 2011

On 22.12.2011 13:56, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> On 12/22/2011 01:52 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> fact is that messages most time are ignored / not seen by many
>> maintainers which is my only explanation for messages like
>> this "[/etc/rc.d/init.d/asterisk:9] PID file not absolute. Ignoring."
>>
>> if systemd would refuse to start in such cases and write a clear
> Well, maybe not refuse to start, but refuse to load this unit

what is finally the same, a not loaded unit will not start if
there is not a strange bug :-)

however, maintainers should be forced to make their packages
clean to solve problems before they get critical sometimes
later, in a perfect world they would test their packages and
read logs, but we do not live in a perfect world :-(