[systemd-devel] Multiple BusName's?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Feb 3 12:14:11 PST 2011

On Sat, 29.01.11 11:38, Andrey Borzenkov (arvidjaar at gmail.com) wrote:

> Are multiple BusName possible? Real life example would be
> wpa_supplicant that answers on two D-Bus service names from a single
> binary.
>
> Semantic should likely be "and", as we assume in this case that binary
> specified in ExecStart will acquire all of them.

Currently, systemd can wait for a single bus name only. Usually that
should be enough since most bus services always register the names in
the same order. However, if there is a real-life case where the
reservation order is random we might want to extend systemd to support
multiple configured bus names as well. Patches welcome...

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.