[systemd-devel] systemd restart patch

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 13:19:08 PST 2011

2011/2/3 Tomasz Torcz <tomek at pipebreaker.pl>:
> On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 09:35:55PM +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:
>> ExecStartOnFailure=/some/cmd (send an email or what not)
>
>  Isn't “OnFailure=send-email-to-admin.service” sufficent?

Having to use a service file for this use case is imho cumbersome,
especially since you can't pass information to that service afaik,
e.g. via env variables.
So this send-email-to-admin.service doesn't know which service it was,
that failed and its last status code. Or am I misinformed here?

Also, does OnFailure= work as I described with regard to Restart=on-failure?

Michael
universe are pointed away from Earth?