[systemd-devel] [lennart at kemper.freedesktop.org: [systemd-commits] src/pam-module.c]

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Feb 8 01:03:41 PST 2011

On Tue, 08.02.11 11:27, Andrey Borzenkov (arvidjaar at mail.ru) wrote:

> >> Yupp, there's a ControlGroups=cpu:/ missing in the rtkit service file. I
> >> have forgotten to commit that. Will fix this soon.
> >
> > Fixed now in rtkit and systemd git.
> >

> The last commit on http://git.0pointer.de/?p=rtkit.git is 6 months
> old. Is it the wrong URL?

Nah, I just wrote the mail first and only then pushed. I didn't expect
you to check git so quickly ;-).

The commit is now there.

> Also the only new commit in systemd is
>
> commit b20c6be697ded108e3c3bd5b8812fee13326eefc
> Author: Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net>
> Date:   Fri Feb 4 12:46:38 2011 +0100
>
>     pam: optionally reset cgroup memberships for login sessions
>
> It does not look like it applies to rtkit?

Actually it does.

The rtkit patch ensures rtkit itself can get RT privs. This systemd
patch ensures apps (such as PA) started within a systemd session can get
RT privs. Without neither patch neither side can get RT privs. To work
properly both sides need to be able to get RT privs.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.