[systemd-devel] dbus interface for disabling default cgroups

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sun Feb 13 13:36:53 PST 2011

On Thu, 10.02.11 12:44, Daniel Poelzleithner (poelzi at poelzi.org) wrote:

> Hi,

heya,

> I just released ulatencyd[1] 0.4.5 which now works nicely under systemd
> under two conditions:
>
> * DefaultControllers should be unset
> * pam_systemd should also get an empty controllers=.
>
> systemd seems currently not to have a dbus interface which allows to
> change the DefaultControllers, so I suggest something like this

I think disabling this should be left to the admin and not be done
programmatically.

Note that pam_systemd in git now explicitly resets the "cpu" cgroup of
all sessions to the root group since otherwise RT scheduling will not be
available for any user daemons. This is a general limitation of the
"cpu" scheduler right now, and makes it impractical to muck around with
it for generic sessions.

> org.freedesktop.systemd1.Manager.ChangeController(string subsystem,
> boolean enable, boolean clear)

Nah, if at all then the controller property should just become
writable. But to be frank I am not sure we actually want to make this
changeable at runtime.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.