[systemd-devel] dbus interface for disabling default cgroups

Daniel Poelzleithner poelzi at poelzi.org
Mon Feb 14 09:59:09 PST 2011

> Well, my famous shell fragment already kinda did that. As well as the
> autogrouping patch that got merged.

The autogrouping is broken in my opinion. The session id is not
distributed well enough for good grouping. When I click on a browser
icon and the browser ends up in the same group as the ui starting it, it
is broken.
"ps xaw -O session,pgrp" shows that all tasks not started by a shell,
which does the right thing, end up in the wrong group.

And don't get me started on what else can be done better, per group
swapiness for example, io,...

kind regards
 daniel