[systemd-devel] how disable fsck on swap+lvm

Andrey Borzenkov arvidjaar at mail.ru
Fri Feb 25 04:58:45 PST 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 7:49 PM, Miklos Vajna <vmiklos at frugalware.org> wrote:

>> > That is exactly what fedora-storage-init does. Why not simply use it then? :)
>> >
>> Yes, did so.
>> http://git.altlinux.org/people/shaba/packages/systemd.git?p=systemd.git;a=commit;h=c46365ee7dfdf480dbc86d5bd15d5368126854d8
>> But Lennart say: "Shell is evil" :)
> And he is right. :)
> It would be nice to have multipath.service, mdadm.service and
> lvm.service for that. I posted a patch for the last as a first step, but
> stopped working on that, seeing upstream is not interested.
It would actually be much better ti have incremental assembly for
multipath and LVM. This already exists for mdadm (although may be
disabled by distribution).

I wonder if multipathd already can accept udev events and reconfigure
itself. At least, I remember messages in log every time new device
comes. In this case it would be enough to just start it early and let
it configure itself.

I do not think it is possible for LVM right now.